HIGH POINT – Hooker Furnishings’ modern lifestyle furniture brand, M, returns for its second High Point Market with several new items including dining tables, a first for the brand. Additional introductions include occasional tables and case goods, four upholstery groups and an upholstered bed.
“Freestanding statement bars, multifunctional sideboards and upholstered dining chairs are already part of the product line, making our entry into the dining category a natural extension,” said Becky Weber, senior vice president of merchandising for M.
For the latest High Point Market news, click here to visit our Live From Market landing page.
Two dining tables have been added to the Archer collection. Crafted of mahogany, a rectangular table that seats eight and a 60-inch round dining table are available in both a chestnut and a black stain finish. Table bases feature classic Tambour-inspired design elements.
Highlights of the additional case good introductions include:
- Cain – an occasional group featuring open and airy curved silhouettes in a black stained oak with hand-wrapped double wall cane work. Pieces include an open console, coffee table and bookcase.
- Grayson – A smoked glass occasional group consisting of five pieces: an etagere, console table, and tiered coffee, side and drink tables.
“Upholstery introductions lean into color, texture and soft curves with a subtle balance of warm color tones and a few dramatic ‘moments’,” said Weber. “New upholstery silhouettes will be dressed in a tactile lineup of velvets, boucles and leathers in a warm palette with hints of dusty rose, smokey hues and wheat tones.”
Three new upholstery collections are being offered, along with an armless “slipper” chair and an upholstered bed. New textiles include 31 fabrics and five leathers. Of those new textiles, 28 are performance-grade fabrics, and two are nubuck leather options.
Upholstery highlights include:
- Liv, a modern camelback-inspired sofa, fully customizable in a selection of premium fabrics.
- Ariel, a new fully upholstered bed with a shelter-style headboard that mimics the silhouette of the Liv sofa’s camelback styling. Customizable in a variety of premium fabrics.
- The Miles upholstery group is covered in a domestically produced performance boucle with coordinating tonal velvet kidney pillows. Designed with a bench seat, it is available as a sofa and chair silhouette.
- The Darian modular sectional is characterized by its curved back rail and is available in both fabric and leather.
- The Acadia armless slipper chair sits atop a curved-front plinth base in a natural oak finish. Available in both fabric and leather.
See also: Hooker boosts Drew & Jonathan Home brand with new category, design aesthetic